Data Analyst & Salesforce Assistant Administrator
Briya is committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our organization and the communities we serve. We seek to bring diverse candidates to our school because we value a diversity of experiences and ideas in our workplace.
To begin your application, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Analyst & Salesforce Assistant Administrator is responsible for assisting the Director of Charter Data with data analysis and Salesforce administration at Briya Public Charter School — a leading two-generation education program serving immigrant parents and their young children in Washington, D.C. Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming.
At Briya, adults acquire English, digital literacy, and parenting skills, with some continuing to the school’s workforce development programs. At the same time, their young children attend Briya’s high-quality early childhood program. Briya’s workforce programs include the Medical Assistant and Child Development Associate Programs.
Briya has a strategic partnership with Mary’s Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center, further strengthening student families with comprehensive medical, dental, and social services. At three of its four campuses, Briya is co-located with Mary’s Center, and many Briya students are recruited through referrals from Mary’s Center staff.
The Data Analyst & Salesforce Assistant Administrator contributes to Briya’s success by using data to both meet reporting requirements as a DC public charter school and support data-driven school planning for future growth. The position will contribute to four key areas:
- OSSE Enrollment audit
- Meeting key data requirements for the Office of the School Superintendent of Education and the DC Public Charter School Board
- Salesforce administration
- Internal reports and data analysis to inform planning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Analyst & Salesforce Assistant Administrator position may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
Charter Data Reporting:
- Under the direction of the Director of Charter Data, in order to meet data reporting requirements by OSSE and PCSB, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work alongside Director of Charter Data to support the management of Briya enrollment and registration data for the OSSE Enrollment Audit Verification process in the following applications: Salesforce, SLED, Qlik, eSchoolPLUS, LEA Feed Management (LFM), OSSE Data Mapping, Enrollment Audit Child Count Application (EACCA), OSSE QuickBase Support Tool, OSSE Data Validations and Metric Confirmation Calculation (MCC), & Duplicate Enrollment Application. Note: A baseline knowledge of Salesforce is required for this position; Briya will provide training on other required applications and tools.
- Validate data that is sent to the Public Charter School Board (PCSB) and Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), including Performance Management Framework (PMF) data. This includes but is not limited to: enrollment, registration, waitlist, EL status, Free & Reduced Meals Status, Grade Level, Special Education, At-Risk, Attendance, re-enrollment and discipline throughout the school year.
- Submit OSSE support tickets as needed in OSSE QuickBase application
- Participate and provide relevant feedback to OSSE in OSSE Enrollment Audit Working groups/trainings
- Meet with OSSE data liaison biweekly and attend the OSSE LEA data meetings monthly.
- Assist in PCSB Accountability Annual Data Review and accreditation outcomes as needed.
- Receive and assist in delegating data management emails from OSSE/PCSB.
- Support management of ADT communication and data mapping with OSSE by maintaining OCBD and OSSE Salesforce user licenses that connects Briya Salesforce to OSSE’s data system.
- Maintain a proficient level of knowledge of the data reporting and collection requirements under PCSB policies and OSSE to help Briya stay in compliance with current requirements.
- Update and manage Briya user access accounts in PCSB HUB.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing Salesforce reports and PCSB/OSSE reports to locate and correct problems.
- Assist in Salesforce Student Information System (SIS) management by ensuring SIS data is accurate and up to date; perform regularly scheduled data checks and identify data errors; correct data errors or manage a process for data corrections with supervision.
- In partnership with Director of Data, check for accuracy and completeness of attendance data within Salesforce attendance app, troubleshoot with registrar as needed, and create internal attendance reports for admin by Adult/EC/whole school as needed.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Monitor school enrollment on a regular basis and share with Management Team.
- Assist in improving database (SIS) research and implementation.
- Support communication and project management with Briya’s external Salesforce developers (LookThink/Whereoware) as needed.
- Assist in the creation (and at times be the sole creator) of reports and interactive data tools in Salesforce.
- Identify staff training needs and develop and implement ongoing training resources (written user guides, in-person sessions) to ensure correct usage of Salesforce across the school.
- Assist in managing Salesforce user accounts (creation of user accounts, resetting passwords, permission settings, profiles, privacy settings).
- Support .csv data upload from Salesforce to Schoology as needed (for student, teacher and course enrollment).
General School Data Support:
- Provide data to support program design decisions, working closely with the Director of Charter Data, Admin Manager, Adult Education Director, Director of Outreach & Registration, and Early Childhood Director.
- Manage waitlist and delegate calls to Admin team as needed for each school term. In partnership with the Director of Charter Data, use CASAS scores and placement test results to assess student class placement.
- Produce internal data reports as needed, including but not limited to requests from the management team, teachers, and (whoever requests student-facing data).
- Support Registration & Outreach team data needs, including identifying opportunities to focus enrollment efforts and troubleshooting issues in Salesforce (placement test, Onboarding wizard, duplicate contacts and/or lead errors).
- Prepare and review various reports to ensure the timely and accurate entry of data, data corrections and validations; identify specific trends among schools, users, and key programs.
- Collaborate with members of Briya Data Team on regular basis and attend Briya Data meetings.
- Collaborate with Site Administrators and attend Admin meetings as necessary to provide data insight.
- Collaborate with Mary’s Center departments on data requests as needed (such as Quality & Outcomes and Development).
- Assists in the enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Attend in-person and virtual meetings as needed, including Briya all-staff meetings, data, and admin.
A successful Data Analyst & Salesforce Assistant Administrator will excel in the following ways:
- Teamwork – Can work well in multidisciplinary team setting with a variety of cultural and educational backgrounds and experiences. Contributes to building a positive team spirit, put success of the team above own interests, and support colleagues’ and students’ efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills – Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and can build and sustain positive, productive relationships. Solves conflicts in a cooperative manner; assumes accountability for own actions; and keeps emotions under control in a fast-paced, team-intensive environment. Able to use tact, discretion, and diplomacy in working with all students, clients, partners, and the public.
- Communication Skills – Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present accurate and concise reports of conclusions and recommendations.
- Management Skills – Self-directed self-starter with a willingness to own high-priority projects and see them through to successful completion. Highly organized and able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks with changing priorities. Work under limited supervision; work effectively under constant deadlines and time constraints with frequent interruptions.
Briya Public Charter School also values and expects the following from its employees:
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Follows established policies and procedures to support the overall function of the organization.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, adhering to a schedule pre-determined between the employee and the supervisor.
- Dependability – Follows instruction and responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Financial Management – Contributes to the financial health of the school through dedication to student retention, support of new family recruitment, careful budgeting, and cost-conscious expenditures to meet the needs of the school.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Has a strong commitment to diversity, with respect and sensitivity to cultural and educational differences – including cultural and linguistic barriers to education.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Briya expects the individual to commit to 2 years (minimally) in this position as it requires robust training and hands-on experience. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for the Data Analyst and Salesforce Assistant Administrator. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience –
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of student data management or related experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Student Information Systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a related position
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in Excel (must be able to sort, filter, use basic formulas)
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Qlik Sense, QuickBase or other information systems and/or data visualization tools a plus
- Proficient in English (Spanish proficiency or other languages a plus)
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out moderately complex, multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
- Physical Demands – Regularly required standing, walking, and sitting, sometimes for many hours at a time; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment –Hybrid setting, working from both home and Briya’s four school locations in D.C. While working in person, typical office setting with quiet to moderate noise level; working from home requires the ability to be in an environment that minimizes distractions. Ability to regularly travel around Washington, D.C. using personal and/or public modes of transportation to meet with staff, attend meetings or events with moderate to loud noise levels. Frequently maintains work hours Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30.
To begin your application, please send your resume to email@example.com