Outreach Project Coordinator
Briya is committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our organization and the communities we serve. We seek to bring diverse candidates to our school because we value a diversity of experiences and ideas in our workplace.
To begin your application, please send your resume to email@example.com
The Outreach Project Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating events and activities that promote Briya Public Charter School — a leading two-generation education program serving immigrant parents and their young children in Washington, D.C. Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming.
At Briya, adults acquire English, digital literacy, and parenting skills, with some continuing to the school’s workforce development programs. At the same time, their young children attend Briya’s high-quality early childhood program. Briya’s workforce programs include the Medical Assistant and Child Development Associate Programs.
Briya has a strategic partnership with Mary’s Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center, further strengthening student families with comprehensive medical, dental, and social services. At three of its four campuses, Briya is co-located with Mary’s Center, and many Briya students are recruited through referrals from Mary’s Center staff.
The Outreach Project Coordinator is responsible for staffing outreach events and initiatives, coordinating the Student Ambassador program, and organizing several internal initiatives, all in concert with the outreach team to ensure Briya meets its annual enrollment goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Outreach Project Coordinator position may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
Recruitment Events and Initiatives
- Maintain the master event calendar for the outreach and registration team, ensuring it is an updated, accurate reflection of all outreach activities.
- Coordinate all staff and volunteer scheduling for outreach events, working in partnership with the Student Recruitment & Outreach Manager to ensure every event is appropriately staffed.
- Call and text Student Ambassadors, part-time staff, contractors, etc. to fill the events staffing calendar.
- Find replacement event staff when people cancel their commitments.
- Send reminders and thank you’s to event staff, keeping staffing expectations clear and expressing gratitude for their time.
- Serve as a backup to attend events when event staff has a last-minute conflict.
- Work with the Outreach Manager to ensure event staff and volunteer training materials are accurate, updated, and easy to use.
- In partnership with the Outreach & Registration Director and Outreach Manager, adjust event attendance goals throughout the year in response to registration and retention needs, always working to keep Briya at 85-90% enrollment or greater during the school year.
- In partnership with the Outreach Director and Outreach Manager, prioritize and evaluate the effectiveness of different types of recruitment events on an ongoing basis, helping to keep records about events for historical reference.
Welcome Calls Project Coordination
- Run SIS reports to obtain new student contact information and make introductory calls at the start of each term.
- Offer new students the opportunity to connect with Student Ambassador volunteers through a buddy system; obtain necessary permissions for Ambassadors to contact them.
- Coordinate and train Student Ambassador volunteers to make welcome calls to new students.
Student Ambassador Program Coordination
- Serve as lead staff contact for Student Ambassadors.
- Facilitate quarterly gatherings to build community among Student Ambassadors.
- Propose and help lead team-building experiences for each gathering.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations to convey program updates and key information for each gathering. Designate lead presenters for slides, including Ambassadors. Contact Student Ambassadors prior to gatherings and other special events to encourage their attendance.
- Assist with technical support for Student Ambassadors to connect to virtual events.
- Coordinate translation as needed.
- Identify the best time for ambassador gatherings. Pilot and implement strategies to maximize attendance and participation such as offering multilingual presentations, trying events on different days of the week/times, varying the site locations for gatherings, etc. Offer options that meet the needs of the workforce program Student Ambassadors. Train and schedule Student Ambassadors to support events and initiatives.
- Develop leadership opportunities for the Ambassadors such as coordinating welcome call teams, presenting during prospective student info sessions and Ambassador gatherings, and creating a cabinet that assists with program planning.
- Provide opportunities for Ambassadors to give input into the design and development of the Ambassador Program such as brainstorming sessions, focus groups, and an Ambassador Cabinet.
- Create and maintain a system for tracking and monitoring the quantity of recruitment and outreach materials; place new orders with the communications team as needed.
- Take personal accountability for the maintenance and safe storage of materials at each site and ensuring enough stock is available for distribution.
- Plan and coordinate materials distribution days for each site (ex. at the start of each term).
- Collaborate with the Outreach Manager and Communications department to propose new materials in support outreach efforts, including print resources, signage, and swag.
Work with the Outreach Manager to set tracking goals, follow established data collection systems and send regular reports. Support outreach’s effort to be a data-driven team by tracking the effectiveness of student recruitment activity. Examples may include but not be limited to:
- Track participant engagement at events and marketing materials used at events.
- Input new event leads into SIS or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org as needed.
- Keep track of student participation in various initiatives and the hours required to execute initiatives.
- Proactively participate in the Outreach/Registration team’s effort to migrate from Excel-based to Salesforce partner management. Work with the data team and other teams throughout Briya to ensure a smooth transition.
- Utilize data collection systems to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts and train staff and volunteers in their use as needed.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to attend evening and weekend events.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, trainings, and retreats, preparing and presenting event scheduling, Student Ambassador, outreach materials, and other updates as needed.
- Take on additional projects and responsibilities to meet the school’s needs and enrollment goals as requested, prioritizing, and balancing the team’s workload.
A successful candidate will excel in the following ways:
- Teamwork – Can work well in multidisciplinary team setting with cultural and educational backgrounds and experiences. Contributes to building a positive team spirit, putting success of the team above own interests, and support colleagues’ and students’ efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills – Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and can build and sustain positive, productive relationships. Solves conflicts in a cooperative manner; assumes accountability for own actions; and keeps emotions under control in a fast-paced, team-intensive environment. Able to use tact, discretion, and diplomacy in working with all students, clients, partners, and the public.
- Communication Skills – Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Has a strong commitment to diversity, with respect and sensitivity to cultural and educational differences. Understands cultural and linguistic barriers to education.
- Flexibility – Can adjust personal schedule to participate in weekend and/or evening events as needed.
Briya Public Charter School also values and expects the following from its employees:
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Follows established policies and procedures to support the overall function of the organization.
- Safety and Security – Observe safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and weekend/evening event commitments on time, adhering to a schedule pre-determined between the employee and the supervisor.
- Dependability – Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Financial Management – Contributes to the school’s financial health through dedication to student retention, support of new family recruitment, and cost–conscious expenditures to meet the school’s needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience –
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a related position
- Strong project coordination skills, including attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, without immediate supervision, and collaborate across multiple teams
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out moderately complex, multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions, as necessary.
- Physical Demands – Regularly required standing, walking, and sitting, sometimes for many hours at a time in a variety of settings; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Work Environment – Ability to regularly travel around Washington, D.C. using personal and/or public modes of transportation to meet with partners and attend events with moderate to loud noise levels. Frequently maintains work hours outside of Mon-Fri 9-5, including evenings and weekends, to lead recruitment outreach and events.
To begin your application, please send your resume to email@example.com